If you are spending sleepless nights thinking about how to get rid of chest acne, then you are not alone. There are many who are suffering from chest acne just like you and if you are reading this, then it means you are on the same platform too.
Let’s not delay the process of curing the chest cane any further and straight jump into the factors that play a crucial role in developing the chest acne.
Cause of chest acne
By no means can we treat acne without the knowledge of its occurrence. We have to dive deep into the matter to ensure that we eradicate its root to cure the acne completely and don’t allow it to make a comeback.
- Excessive oil production of the skin
- Tight clothes in the summer
- Overgrown skin bacteria
- Heritage and genetics
- Intake of spicy food
- Excessive application or usage of hair products
- Excessive heat
- Change in hormones
- Deficiency in the immune system
- Irregular blood sugar level
- Puberty or other reproductive gland issues
These are the reasons behind the outbreak of chest acne. If you are allergic to perfumes or any other body lotions, then you must stay away from using the products that might trigger the cause of acne.
Always wear clean clothes and also make sure that the bedsheets are washed properly.
Diet plays a crucial role in our lives. If we don’t eat a balanced diet, then all sorts of problems start cropping up in our body, acne being one of them.
Even if you are not suffering from acne, then also you should take extra care of your diet, so that you don’t fall prey to acne due to the lack of certain minerals in your body.
Now let’s look into the cure for chest acne.
Remedies to Get Rid of Chest Acne
There are several home remedies that we can make use of while treating chest acne or we can take medication for them too. You can always try the home remedies first to see whether it can be treated naturally or not!
So, let’s start with some easy to prepare the pack for chest acne-
- Oatmeal, honey, and lemon
Oatmeal is known to absorb excess oil from the skin and prevent the clogging of the pores.
Oatmeal contains inflammatory properties that are beneficial in reducing redness. Apart from that, it also exfoliates dead skin, dust, and toxins from your skin.
- Oatmeal – 1 cup
- Honey – 1 Tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 Tsp
- Take one cup of oatmeal and bring it to boil
- Keep it aside for a few minutes and allow it to cool
- Now mix the honey and lemon juice to the boiled oatmeal
- Apply it to chest acne and gently massage it for 5 minutes
- Let it dry for 15 minutes
- Now wash it off with water and pat dry the area
- Use the pack 3 times a week
- Oatmeal and onion
The onion has high astringent properties that help in reducing the blemishes of the skin and also prevents the outbreak of acne in the future.
- Oatmeal – 1 bowl
- Onion – 1 medium
- Boil one bowl of oatmeal and allow it to cool separately
- While the oatmeal is cooling off prepare the puree of one medium-size onion in the blender
- Now when the oatmeal is cooled down completely, mix the onion puree to it
- Keep the mixture refrigerated for a few hours to chill
- Once the mixture is absolutely chilled, apply it on the chest acne
- Wait for a few minutes and then wash it off with water
- Use it regularly
- Sea salt, buttermilk, calamine powder & lotion, sour cream, water, honey, and apple cider vinegar
It is imperative to get rid of chest acne but how to get rid of chest acne quickly seems to be a million-dollar question.
You must be skeptical about the harsh chemicals used to treat acne because they leave behind dry patches on your skin, so the best way to treat the chest acne is by using the simple ingredients that are readily available in the kitchen or medicine box.
- Towel and washcloth – 1
- Sea salt – 1 cup
- Warm water – 1 Ltr
- Sour cream – 1 cup
- Buttermilk – 2 tbsp
- Hot water – 2 cups
- Calamine lotion and powder
- Apple cider vinegar – 2 tbsp
- Honey – 1 tbsp
- Take the 1 ltr warm water and mix the sea salt in it
- Dip the clean washcloth in it and apply it on the affected area
- Wring the solution out of the washcloth and use it on the chest, upper arms, shoulders, and neck
- Sit for two minutes to air dry it and then apply the solution again
- Repeat the above-mentioned process five times before throwing away the whole solution
- It’s time to moisturize the skin by preparing non-oily moisturized with the sour cream and buttermilk
- Apply it on the chest (if the acne is too stubborn, then use Calamine lotion instead)
- After taking a shower, use the calamine powder to protect the skin from the humidity and exposure of the heat
- Once the cleansing is done from outside, it is time to take care of it internally. Mix the hot water, honey, and apple cider vinegar in the above-mentioned proportions to cleanse the body inside out.
- Lemon (Not advisable for sensitive skin)
Lemon itself is high in phytoncides and ascorbic acid that discourages the growth of bacteria. The astringent properties of lemon stop the excess oil build-up and shrink the acne.
- Lemon – half a lemon
- Cut the lemon into half
- Rub the lemon gently onto the affected chest area
- Wait for half an hour before rinsing it off with warm water
- Repeat the procedure 3 times every week
- Lemon and cinnamon
Cinnamon is known for its anti-microbial properties that help in healing skin problems caused by bacteria.
- Lemon juice – 3 tbsp
- Cinnamon powder – 1 tbsp
- Mix the lemon juice with cinnamon powder well
- Apply it to the affected chest area
- Sit for an hour before rinsing it off with cold water
- If you don’t face any kind of irritation, then you can make the mixture and use it daily
- Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar is one magic potion that can be used to cure many skin problems, including chest acne.
The Apple cider vinegar is known for its antiseptic and antibacterial properties that are instrumental in killing the skin bacteria.
It is also high in vitamins and minerals that avoid the buildup of oil, dead skin, scarring, toxins and accelerates the healing process.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – 1 Tsp
- Take a cotton ball and pour the apple cider vinegar on it
- Rub it gently on the chest acne
- Wait for 30 minutes or leave it overnight before washing off with water
- Pat the area dry properly
- The process can be repeated 4 times every week
- Sea salt
Sea salt helps in maintaining the pH balance of the skin, kills the bacteria, and helps in cleansing the cells. It is considered to be one of the most effective, but simple home remedies to get rid of the chest acne.
- Sea salt – 3 tbsp
- Warm water – 1 cup
- Add the sea salt to the warm water and stir well
- Take a soft cotton ball and dip it in the solution
- Now rub it on the affected chest area
- Apply the solution twice daily for quick heals
- Baking Soda
Baking Soda is another ingredient that can be easily found in our kitchen and is pretty good at maintaining the pH balance of the skin when applied correctly. It is also rich in anti-inflammatory properties and exfoliating properties that are good in removing dead cells and excess oils responsible for the clogging of pores.
An increase in collagen is witnessed when baking soda is used properly, promoting the growth of new and supple skin.
- Baking soda – 2 tbsp
- Water 1 tbsp
- Mix the baking soda with water
- Apply it to the chest acne and massage gently
- Leave it for 10 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water
Apart from the above-mentioned procedures for treating chest acne, there are some quick ways to treat chest acne too.
You can just cut a potato and rub it on the acne. The potassium, sulfur, phosphorus content of the potato will help in reducing the breakouts of the acne.
Your main objective should be to keep your skin clean and clear so that the breakout of acne can be prevented.
Similarly, just take a piece of raw ginger and chew it daily. The astringent properties of ginger help in detoxification, thus helping in reducing the acne breakout.
Stress is another major reason for the breakout of acne and ginger helps in relieving stress, thus solving the problem of the chest acne from its root.
If you can’t have the raw ginger, then you can try the ginger tea or you can squeeze the juice out of ginger and apply it to the affected area.
Now you won’t have to worry much about how to get rid of chest acne because you have all your queries answered.