This 10 week workout plan is a perfect opportunity to try and test yourself in order to become an even better, stronger and healthier you!
We’ve all been at a point where we want to get serious with exercise and start a long-term plan in order to get fit, get healthy, diet properly and establish a lasting fitness habit.
Exercising benefits the body, the mind, and the spirit. It goes beyond making us slimmer: it’s about creating a healthy living style, about fortifying our body, about growing and strengthing our muscles.
But the wonderful thing about exercise is that it goes beyond even that.
It makes us feel happier, more calm and secure about ourselves. It also helps us rest better.
Doing an exercise routine makes us become more conscious of our bodies, of our muscles, of what we eat, of how our body transforms raw power into movement.
It even helps us better our social relationships, our connections with other people.
So a 10-week exercise plan is a good opportunity for you to try out how it feels to have these benefits, and also get to know yourself better in the process.
We compressed various types of exercises in one place, for your comfort. You can use this article to guide you through the following weeks, so you never feel lost or like you are wandering.
Follow this 10-week workout plan and then continue to explore on your own, by mixing the exercises and routines we describe here and maybe even adding activities of your own or of a friend’s!
The possibilities are endless.
First, we will explain various complete and fun exercise routines that will work your whole body evenly, make you look and feel better.
The goal is also for you to have a good time while practicing the 10 week workout plan! After that, we will make a convenient schedule, so you know exactly what to do week by week.
You could hang it in your room or by your desk to motivate you through the following weeks! Without further ado, here we go:
Dance, strengthen and tone your body!
Let’s begin by having some fun! A big factor in completing a workout plan is actually liking it, so make sure to enjoy yourself.
We will start our 10-week workout plan with a series of dance routines.
Although, it won’t be your ordinary dancing, so if you aren’t a big fan of stealing the spotlight at the dancefloor, don’t worry.
All you’ll need is to find some of your favorite, upbeat tunes. Motivate yourself using music you love and let’s get started!
A professional trainer named Desirée Nathanson designed this dance routine for stars like Candice Accola.
We will use some of her moves and tips in our 10-week workout plan. She recommends to look up or arrange an eight-song playlist to accompany you during the workout.
You can always use the same one or change it up from time to time, whatever makes you feel best!
We will explain four different exercise moves. You should execute one move per song.
When the first four songs are finished, repeat the same method -one move per song- with the remaining four.
You will do a total of eight repetitions and will perform each of the four moves twice during your playlist. The moves are:
The Whirly Bird:
- Start with your feet apart and hold your arms over your head.
- Step forward with your left foot, drawing a diagonal line with it, moving it away from your body. As you do this, circle your arms and torso, keeping your arms up in the air and your abdominal muscles tight.
- Repeat this move three times, stepping forward with your left foot, turning towards your right.
- Then, reverse the move. Step backward four times in the opposite direction, going back to your starting position.
- Repeat with your right leg.
The Lawn Mower:
- Start in a squat with your heels about three feet (three steps) apart, your toes slightly turned outwards and your knees placed over your toes.
- Put both arms straight out in front of you, and close your hands into fists, keeping them level with the rest of the arm.
- Bring your right fist to your right hip while turning your right knee inwards.
- Return to the start.
- Repeat on your left side and so on.
- Stand with your feet separated by about three or four steps. Twist your waist to the right and raise your fists to your chest, holding your elbows out.
- Lower your body into a squat. Let your arms swing downwards as if drawing a half-circle. You’ll be trying to imitate a pendulum.
- Continue the pendulum motions as you rise from your sweat and return to the start, but on the other side (if your waist was to the right, it should now be to the left).
- Repeat in the opposite direction, and so on.
The Shake and Slide:
- Stand with your feet together. Hold your fists in front of your chest with your elbows out to the sides.
- Step forward with your left foot. Bend your knees so your body is in a squat. Now, shake your booty!
- Return to the starting position, then repeat the same movement with your right foot, in order to exercise the other side.
- Return to the initial position explained in step number 1.
- Now, use your left foot to take a step to the left as you push your arms down, keeping them straight.
- Finish the motion by sliding your right foot to meet the left and pulling your arms up to return to the initial position.
- Repeat using your right foot and the sliding the left towards it.
- Repeat all the steps in sequence until the song ends!
All these moves will tone your abs, shape your waist, legs, and butt, tighten your back and abs, strengthen your legs and your entire core! It is a fun way to burn fat, do some cardio, strengthen your muscles and get a smoking hot figure. A wonderful combination to blast your way through our 10-week workout plan.
Trim and tone with these powerful moves!
This set of exercises is more focused on building muscles and trimming down any extra fat. It was designed by Adam Sprain, a professional trainer who has worked with public figures like actress Jenna Ushkowitz.
She has said that “if I can do this, anybody can!”, so be reassured that it isn’t a complicated routine.
Now, choose a motivating playlist to work with and keep reading our 10-week workout plan. These are your moves!
- Stand with your legs farther than shoulder-width apart and your toes turned outwards.
- Squat down, among sure to keep your knees in line with your toes, your abs tight and your back straight.
- Push yourself back up to the initial pose.
- Do fifteen repetitions.
- Begin in a plank position, making sure your body forms a straight line from head to toe. Keep your abs tucked in. If you can, hold a weight in your hand (no more than 5 lb).
- Pull your right elbow up to your torso, doing a rowing motion, then lower your hand (or the eight) back to the floor. Do this ten times.
- Switch to the other side and do ten repetitions.
- Stand about three feet in front of a chair or bench, with your back towards it. Put your hands on your hips. Stretch your right foot back and place it on top of the chair or bench.
- Slowly lower your body straight down so that your left knee bends to 90 degrees.
- Push back up to the start.
- Do ten repetitions on each leg.
One Leg Hip Bridge:
- Lie on your back. Bend your knees and keep your feet flat on the floor. Lift and straighten the right leg while keeping your knees lined up.
- Lift your hips off the ground, pressing through your left heel.
- Slowly lower back to the start.
- Do ten repetitions on each leg.
With this, we complete a set of basic moves for the 10-week workout plan! They aim at toning and trimming your abs, your butt, and your thighs.
Now, how can you organize yourself? Fear not, we’ve got your back! Up next, we detail a schedule so that you know what to do each week with our 10-week workout plan. Let’s get started!
The 10 Week Workout Plan Breakdown
Dance week 1 of the 10-week workout plan away! Do the four dance moves on five days of the week. Choose the best ones for you.
It’s time to trim and tone. Do 15 minutes of whichever cardio your prefer and then do the whole trim and tone routine. Organize your schedule to have one day of exercise followed by one of rest, followed by one of the exercises and so on. You should have a total of four days of exercise and three rest days.
Chill out and go back to dancing! Do the four dance routines we described on five days of your third week. You’re probably already feeling the effects of the 10 week workout plan!
Ready for more trim and tone? Now we’re going to amp up our game. Do 15 minutes of cardio followed by two repetitions of the entire trim and tone routine. Have four days of exercise with three days of rest sandwiched between them.
Dance, dance, dance! Do 10 minutes of cardio before each session of a dance routine, so give it an extra calorie-burning boost. Do this on four days of your week. Are you loving this 10-week workout plan yet?
Ready to feel the burn? You’re already halfway there! Do 15 minutes of cardio and then two sets of the trim and tone routine. You know how to do it: four days of work mixed with three days of rest.
Grab your playlist and dance! Do 10 minutes of cardio and then the dance routine on five days of this week.
Look at you! You’ve come so far! Ready to raise the heat? Do 15 minutes of cardio and then three sets of the trim and tone routine. Remember four days of exercise with three days of rest between them.
You’re almost there! We’ve almost completed the 10 week workout plan. Celebrate with some fun dancing routine and nice tunes! You can decide whether to add the initial cardio or not, but make sure to work out six times this week.
Our last week! Ready to trim and tone? Give it all you’ve got! Do 15 minutes of cardio and then three sets of the trim and tone routine. Do four days of exercise with one day of rest between each session, for a total of three rest sessions.
And just like that, you’ll complete the 10-week workout plan! Congratulations!
Also, check out this egg diet to lose weight as the perfect combination of this workout plan.