How do you get rid of a double chin? Losing skin elasticity below your jaw can start at the age of 20. Combing a diet with double chin exercises will give you good results to reverse it.
There is no set norm that people have with double chins, but the loss of elasticity and collagen does have some influencing factors.
Long song exposure can lead to low levels of skin elasticity.
Poor diets that don’t cover the minimum necessary daily nutrients can also affect the elasticity of the skin together with smoking and drinking alcohol.
The following list of double chin exercises will help you improve your problem.
Top Double Chin Exercises That Really Work
The two main neck muscles which can be responsible with double chins are sternocleidomastoid and platysma.
Before you start exercising make sure you warm-up your neck while moving your head forward, backward and from side to side.
You can do this for up to two minutes as a low-intensity method of warming up your muscles which may keep you away from any muscle strains.
- You can perform this exercise by pressing your tongue against your lower teeth.
- Next, you need to mimic a scooping motion with your head by lowering your head.
- This exercise can be performed in a set of 30 seconds.
- Between each set, you can take a rest period of up to 15 seconds.
- The exercise can be performed each morning for up to five sets.
2. Tongue Press With Head Tilt
- This is one of the simplest exercises for double chins. You need to press the roof of your mouth with the tongue and then move your head backward so that you can see the ceiling.
- You will then slowly move your head down until your chin is touching the chest.
- To perform this exercise correctly you need to relax your shoulder and sit in a perfectly straight position.
- This exercise can be used every day morning or before going to bed.
- You can perform 10 sets with 10 repetitions for the exercise.
3. The O
- Similar to the previous exercise you need to relax your shoulders and move your head backward until you see the ceiling.
- There is a maximum stretching moment in the neck muscles when you need to form an O with your lips without opening your mouth.
- You can hold this position for a few seconds. For relaxation between repetitions, you can lower your head and then start over.
- This exercise can be performed in 10 sets of 10 repetitions each day or every other day as it will involve face muscles also.
4. Chin rotations
- This popular exercise is used by athletes in warming-up routines. You can also use it to reduce your double chin skin.
- To perform the exercise you need to slowly rotate your head in a circular motion.
- Start with tilting the head to one side, then moving it backward and then coming back to the opposite side and repeat.
- You can perform this exercise solely or as part of a warming-up routine before doing other exercises.
5. Side Neck Stretches
- Side neck stretches are also used by athletes in the warming-up sessions or after an intense workout.
- You can use it also to improve the muscle conditioning in your neck.
- To perform the exercise you need to till your head to one side.
- Using the hand to which side you are tilting you can further stretch your head.
- For the best results, you can keep the position for a few seconds.
- As you perform the exercises you can increase the time spent in the stretched position.
- So if the first week you stay for 5 seconds in the stretched position, the second week you can maintain the position for 10 seconds.
- Regardless of how much you stay in the stretched position, you need to ensure your back sits in a correct position with the shoulders down and chest up.
6. Resistance Movements
- Resistance movements are the next step for neck muscle toning.
- Once you get used to the stretching exercises you can perform more advanced versions that involve some kind of resistance.
- One of these exercises needs to perform resistance against your fists. For two fists and place them against your chin.
- Now you can try slightly moving your head down to meet the resistance of the fists. This exercise needs to be performed in stages as you don`t want to force your chin or get any strains.
- The more you do it the more you will be able to push harder to create more resistance.
If you want to tone the muscles of the neck and get rid of the extra chins, you need to perform these exercises on a regular basis.
You can perform them in the morning before brushing your teeth so you know there are out of the way.
You can also perform them before going to bed but make sure you avoid sitting as it can arch your back. For the best results, you need to stand and keep a straight back while performing these double chin exercises. Definitely, you should have a diet program while doing these exercises to improve your results.
Photo credit: inhisgrace via VisualHunt.com / CC BY-ND
Leave a Comment